Thursday, May 21, 2015

Three simple and stylish navigation menus





Top nav code
Hobby Lobby
Hobby Lobby is a store with all your hobby needs (if they mostly involve craft type hobbies, not so much outdoor type stuff).  They also have a huge selection of interior décor.  My wife and I get much of our inside décor from here and fun crafts to do with the kids on a rainy day, and we’ve had plenty of those!  The navigation menus are just the style I like.  They are quick and responsive, and each menu item and well over a dozen drop down options, and these are very organized and not confusing like I would imagine it to be.  For each top nav menu selection has its own <div> <ul><li> tags with some of the styling already within the list item tag,  When you click a nav button it takes you to the page and here is also a side menu for all the options that were in the drop down list for that subject.  The html for this side menu is <div> after <div> after <div>.  I really like the menu styles for Hobby Lobby.
Top navigation Menu










Learn Italian Online
Side Menu
The learn Italian online web page I like keep a bookmark to has a very simple nav menu.  It has a nice hoover effect that I want to try to mimic, it might be a sprite type going on but I haven’t looked though the css stylesheet yet.  For a smaller website like this one the menu is perfect for it, not too much but still stylish and neat.  The html is your basic <div> <ul><li> and is quite simple.  Perfect for what it is.

Side Menu Code







HTML Color picker

Left side nave menu
HTML for left side nav menu
The w3schools.com color picker is a page I go to almost every day.  Great for getting your colors in rgb form or html#form.  I was checking out the navigation menu in the source code and it looked like it was just a very long line of anchor tags without and <nav> <ul><li> that I could find for that side nav menu.  The real simple without fanfare menu is right for the kind of site that it is.


















No comments:

Post a Comment